Who We Are: The Timothy School is the oldest non-profit approved private school in Pennsylvania devoted exclusively to teaching students with autism. For over 50 years, we have worked to develop an understanding of autism that recognizes the strengths and uniqueness of our children and the specialized methods needed to expand their educational opportunities.
Job Snap Shot: The Special Education Teacher works with students of The Timothy School to develop and administer learning programs that can be understood and retained by children with autism. The Special Education Teacher adapts general education lessons and teaches various subjects in a manner that is empathetic to the students’ various degrees of disability. This position will have both in person and remote instruction.
- PA Special Education Certification
- Updated Clearances (Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse and FBI)
- Experience working within an autistic support program preferred
- Plan and implement each day’s instructional program, including but not limited to scheduling, coordination of related services, developing/organizing materials and supplies, planning lessons, teaching students in individual/group settings, and documenting progress in major goal areas. Also responsible for providing ongoing supervision of all students assigned to the classroom.
- Provide ongoing direction and support to the classroom’s teacher’s aides, and volunteers. In addition, train the teacher’s aide and monitor progress in techniques to help students practice skills, including but not limited to structured teaching, prompt hierarchies, reinforcement schedules/types, proximity, and behavior management techniques.
- Complete Individualized Educational Plans for all students. Complete quarterly report cards noting progress towards meeting IEP objectives using quantitative data collection systems.
- Participate on the multidisciplinary team for student evaluation/reevaluation and complete the educational component of the comprehensive evaluation report.
- Maintain substitute teacher plans with contents including: sample lesson plans, behavior plans, medical information, emergency procedures, and any other information that is critical to the health and safety of the students.
- Communicate regularly with parents and participate in parent conferences as necessary.
- Attend staff meetings and school events as needed.
- Follows school wide data collection procedures. Maintains accurate records.
- Report to the administration all issues or concerns impacting student performance and/or the educational program.
- Implements strategies and techniques of structured teaching in classroom set up, 1:1/independent/group instruction, behavior management and community outings; Attend structured teaching training as available
- Maintain student confidentiality in compliance with The Family Rights and Privacy Act.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Timothy School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. If due to a disability, you need assistance or accommodation in completing the employment application or during the interviewing or screening process, please contact us at 610-725-0755.